How it Works
NIMMOCARE® is non-invasive pain relief treatment that’s based on simple scientific concepts. It offers freedom from the physical, emotional, and financial impact of chronic pain. NIMMOCARE® goes beyond the treatment of symptoms to eliminate the cause of pain, promoting healing and preventing recurrence.
The Problem: A Cycle of Pain
- Trauma — Chronic pain can begin with a major injury or small harmful motions repeated over time.
- Protective Reaction — To prevent further injury, the body responds with a protective measure. The nervous system sends an impulse to the muscles around the area of injury, causing them to tighten. The muscles that tighten create a network of tension sites called trigger points.
- Repetition — These protective impulses are helpful while the injury heals, but the body learns through repetition. The nervous system does not sense healing and continues to send protective impulses, causing unnecessary muscle tension.
- Chronic Discomfort — This constant tightening creates a cycle of pain that will remain until the protective impulses are interrupted.
Our Solution: NIMMOCARE®
Isolate the Pain — Finding the source of chronic pain requires expert knowledge of the:
- Muscle System
- Nervous System
- Skeletal System
NIMMOCARE® doctors understand the complex relationships between these systems, and this enables them to target the source of pain.
- Apply Specific Pressure — Once they have been located, trigger points can be relieved through the application of precise amounts of pressure. NIMMOCARE® practitioners interrupt the body’s protective impulses to allow muscles to relax, thus restoring normal joint function.
- Break the Cycle — One by one, the network of pain-causing trigger points is resolved and muscles are allowed to relax. This creates relief from pain and prevents future injury.
- Design a Program of Recovery — NIMMOCARE® sets the muscular, nervous, and skeletal systems in balance. NIMMOCARE® doctors go beyond pain relief by providing follow-up treatment and recommending lifestyle choices that prevent future injury.
NOT JUST ANOTHER TRIGGER POINT OR DEEP TISSUE TECHNIQUE.
This sophisticated understanding of pain mechanisms leads to a unique method of treatment. Because we view the Trigger Point as part of a network of “short circuits” throughout the Nervous system we do not attempt to inject or massage out one major trigger point which seems to be causing the pain. Instead, we apply very specific, brief pressure (5 – 7 seconds) the Primary Trigger Point as well as to every secondary Trigger Point which is involved in this complex network. This can lead to treatment at sites which seem very remote from where the patient perceives the problem.
IN ORDER TO ACCOMPLISH THIS THE NIMMOCARE® DR. MUST HAVE AN ULTRA REFINED KNOWLEDGE OF THE NEUROMUSCULAR SYSTEM AS WELL AS AN EXTREMELY WELL DEVELOPED PALPATORY ABILITY (sense of touch required to feel the secondary Trigger Points).